Now is the time people reflect and assess how well 2013 was. No matter your assessment – good or bad one thing for sure you are a live and have an opportunity to clean the slate, “turn the page” and leave it all behind in 2013. What can you leave behind in 2013?
Just because you did not LOOSE the desired WEIGHT, improve FINANCES, EXERCISE, get a new JOB, or eat HEALTHIER life still goes on. Count your blessing and leave all unfulfilled goals behind and don’t look back. Where the mistake is made, people tend to hang out in the past, waddling in their defeats, and disappointments. They take on the spirit of
For the last sermon of 2013, Pastor Stafford Wicker used the aforementioned scripture from Philippians as a subject. His message to the congregation was to “turn the page.” His take away points were:
- “Don’t be a slave to your past”
- “Don’t let your past dictate your future”
- “Keep your eye on your goal (God) and don’t turn back”
- “Don’t be bitter get better”
The dawning of a new year – 2014 – is on the horizon. Press toward the mark (God) by setting new goals and aspirations. Here are a few steps that can help make 2014 a Happier Year.
- Leave the past in the past
- Keep eyes focused on future – God
- Surround yourself with positive and spirit filled people who encourage
- Praise God always – during the good and bad times
Dear heavenly father,