The Souls Remedy Ministries Donations

Monday, March 17, 2014

Find your purpose when Laughing out loud at yourself

Photo by: jdurham - Morgue File
Read:  Matthew 9:9-13

As Jesus went on from there, he saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax collector’s booth. “Follow me,” and Matthew got up and followed him. Matthew 9:9

laugh out loud 

Sometimes we need to stop and laugh out loud at ourselves. After many years of searching I finally found my purpose. Before the revelation came there was emotional turmoil which dictated the outcome of my situation. Now I can laugh because all along it was right under my nose I just did want to believe it.

It is in my opinion there is a direct correlation between the things people love to do and how God can use them as a purpose driven life for him. He can use anyone for his work. It does not matter your background, education, your appearance or past.  

Take for example the disciples. There was a wide array of professions: Fishermen, Tax Collectors, Farmers and so one.  It is safe to assume these men were the best in their profession. Their skills which I’m sure provided a comfortable life style. But after meeting Jesus they found their true purpose in life. Following Jesus allowed them to increase even more. When teaming up with the Lord you will find your purpose.

Purpose driven life

All my life people prophesied that I would be a preacher but I never saw it. “If God want me to preach he will tell me” was my usual response. The thought would cross my mind as years passed and I even asked God “if this is what you want me to do tell me I will do it.” Never once did he respond. 

I ran from my purpose – writing – opposed to embracing it. In my mind’s eye it was too small, insignificant, and not impressive enough. The exact thing I ran from God was trying to get my attention.  He was speaking to me all along but I tuned him out for years. The Holy Spirit had reviled to me what my purpose was but I could not receive it.

The changes or miracles you are looking for don’t just happen. It takes an effort from you first.  Once you implement by taking a step God will begin the process.   As hard as it was for me to begin writing again God opened doors, and fed my spirit with subject matter.  From that one step God has now allowed The Souls Remedy Ministry to grow and touch people worldwide. Wow, what I saw as insignificant has now manifested into something larger than I ever imagined!

After finally becoming obedient by writing, God disclosed the next phase of my purpose – accept the call into ministry.  Does that mean I preach, become a pastor? At this juncture of the journey I have to say no.  But it is clear that I have to begin this process to find out.

Running from your purpose

Loved ones what are you running from? Evaluate yourself what are your passions? What things come to you effortlessly? I suggest you focus in these areas first.  The desires you think you want may not be the things you really need. Evaluate whatever is pulling at your heart strings that is where you will find your passion. In the process, edify God with it and that is when the purpose will become plain to see. As with me, once I begin the process, God provided the instructions. I received them through His word, prayer and people.

There is something God want to birth in you. Many of you may already know what it is but you keep running from it like I did “this can’t be it, my purpose is bigger than this.”  Take time today start meditating with God so you to can stop and laugh out loud at our self on the goodness you have missed.


prayer

Sovereign Father in Heaven, You created me with a purpose.  Today I ask for clarity in my life. Clear my mind and spirit so I can begin fulfilling my purpose to glory and honor you.. Align with your purpose  for me and I pray that I will edify you in everything that I do. Amen  

3 comments:

  1. Very timely, Tignor. Writing is a calling. We must believe it, regardless of opinions of others. Thanks for sharing honest feelings. Much appreciation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very timely, Tignor. Writing is a calling. We must believe it, regardless of opinions of others. Thanks for sharing honest feelings. Much appreciation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jjrod@bellsouth.netMarch 18, 2014 at 2:54 PM

    Tigner,
    Thanks for the wonderful reminder that we must always remember God is in control. When we think we can make our own plans, I'm sure He is laughing.
    The passion for writing comes from above. Please continue to share your thoughts with others. It is an enriching endeavor for both the writer and the reader. :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner