The Souls Remedy Ministries Donations

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What reminds you of home?



We are family - Thanksgiving 2006
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Colossians 3:17

I often reflect of home. I miss those summer Strawberry moons and  whistling breezes of night. 

Holiday traditions of tasting cake batter and their tantalizing sweet aroma which fill the air. A la cart of savory meats, smoked turkeys, honey glazed hams, and pots filled with guts. A mixture of stinky greens adorn the table. No worries there are plenty for all to eat just pick your weed, collard, mustard, or kale they are all a treat! There are the splendiferous holiday Soirees chocked filled with more friends, food, and fun. These memories remind me of home.

What reminds you of home?

Is home a place just to visit, eat, and sleep? Or is it an edifice filled with celebration and warm feelings; laughter, love, memories? We are days away from Thanksgiving. People will endure airport delays and spend hours traveling the highways and by-ways to get home. 

As you spend time with family friends and loved ones enjoy every moment, take pictures and embrace one another. But in the midst of reflections remember the Christ words to love others (our enemies), do good towards them and lend without expecting anything back Luke 6:35-36.


Tell me what remind you of home
A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving

Looking back over my life I thank God for my family,friends, fellowship and home. Each thought rekindles my spirit to love even more!

I raise the question what reminds you of home? Are there fond memories or dreadful times? What are you thankful for? Whatever the season brings shout in a thunderous voice of Thanksgiving telling everyone of God’s wondrous works! 

Find time to extend your gratitude of God’s blessings to others besides your family. Give without expecting to get anything back. Your reward will be great and the God of the Most High will be merciful unto you. May this Thanksgiving be filled with joy and many blessings. Be safe and enjoy your family!



Tigner Rand


For more posts check http://thesoulsremedy.blogspot.com


2 comments:

  1. Hi! Just wanted to stop by and thank you for your comment on my blog. I see you're a "follower" of mine...COOL! :-) (that sounds really weird, but you know what I mean, right?) Again, I thank you for the birthday wishes and hope you visit again.

    HOME=where your heart lives! Home is more than the place you park your car, check your mail, eat your meals and sleep. That's your HOUSE/APT/etc.! Your HOME should be your safe haven and the place where your friends & loved ones WANT to gather. "Home" is more than that physical place you live. Pieces of my heart live with/near me...that's where we're ALL at home! I

    ReplyDelete
  2. TJ Hope you and your family have a wonderful thanksgiving. ENJOY! ` Kita

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner