The Souls Remedy Ministries Donations

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Life seem unfair even when I believe in God?



Read Psalms 73:1-17

…the world passes away and the lust thereof; but he that does the will of God lives for ever.  I John 2:17


Life is unfair

Why does life seem unfair? Why is it that those who hate or ignore God seem to prosper?

Society as well as Christians aspires to be like people of the world. They follow the rich and famous watching them on talk shows, reality TV, nightly news and the internet. Water cooler conversations are often heard of how life would be different – “if I had that much money I would not have a problem in the world.” Are would you?


Worldly people are blessed

It is suggested that worldly people have everything – house, car, job, even the perfect family? Admit it, the thought has crossed your mind – “why other people have it better than I do,” re-read Psalms 73:3-5.

Many Christians, just like the writer of this Psalms struggled with prosperity of the wicked. Why do arrogant and violent people boast of their fortunes and good health while believers struggle?

Questioning your faith

This is when Christians begin to question their faith. They feel cheated and even ask why should I try to live right?  These thoughts harden the hearts of most believers. As long as thoughts are measured by earthly standards - health, wealth, and power then life will appear unfair.

Seek God first

It was when the writer had a paradigm shift did change take place. His thoughts became spiritual rather than worldly (v.17).  A Christian and non-Christian’s perspective of life changes when they enter a relationship with God. A believer’s final destiny is far greater than the riches of this earth.

When a person truly encounters God in a personal way a new perspective of life is revealed. By Seek(ing) first the kingdom of God and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you Matt. 6:33.

Heaven on earth

God is the true source of life and joy. Submit self to God, develop a relationship and study his word, it can bring clarity to life’s issues.  When thoughts shift to seeking God first from earthly possessions he will rightfully bless his children. By delighting yourself in the Lord he will give you the desires of your heart (Psalm 37:4). And once that bond is forged yes heaven can also be found on earth too.


Let us pray:  Dear heavenly Father the wayward behavior of the world has clouded my mind. I question the success and prosperity of the ungodly. Lord, forgive me of my selfish thoughts. Father, help me to learn to put ALL my trust in you and my eyes on you and not the world. Help me develop a relationship with you, keep my thoughts on you and lean not upon my own understanding.  Your word said if I delight myself in you that you will give the desires of my heart. I thank you Lord for your Grace and Mercy. I praise and worship your Holy name! These things I pray in your son Jesus the Christ name. Amen.






2 comments:

  1. Dear mentor,

    Indeed, they said life is unfair, but i don't see it that way. It all depend on your mind set, The way you handle situation, the way you respond to matters and how you conduct yourself. This one of the reason, God said in Isaiah 43:2 thou shall pass through the fire and water and i will be with you. He knows that there shall be a time in life that one will pass through some hard time does not mean that life is unfair. If life be unfair should we say then that dead is fair to us?

    Church family, we should know as children of God we don't have to confess like the people that did not know God. We should confess positively. Rev. 12:11 we overcame him by the words of our testimonies. It time for us to know who we are and know what we say at all time. God bless you all.

    Three men were throne into the fire and they were not kill you want to know more my friend you will find the full story here.

    www.moseschannels.com www.moseschannel.blospot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tigner,
    Again, thanks for a thought-provoking post. Monetary riches do not bring happiness. Look at some of our actors, athletes, musicians and politicians. Some are so lost, they are on a suicidal path. Pray for our country.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner