The Souls Remedy Ministries Donations

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Part III - When all else fail Put God first… A Praying relationship



When all else fail - Read
In everything you do put God first and He will direct and crown your efforts with success. Proverb 3:6

When all else fail

What is true and tried the world has turned away from it – God’s written word. We conger up schemes hoping to persuade God and when Pimping God don’t work we become surly and give up.

Breakthrough
Between 1990 and 2006, apathy was my name. All decisions and financial investments crumbled. My self-centered prayers Edged God Out – ego – and I blamed God for my failures.  When He did not reply hopelessness manifested. I was ready to cash in all my chips. “Lord how long will this misery last?” I justified my actions by questioning God. Man’s faith waivers in the darkest hour.

When all else failed I finally put God first. The ah-ha moment came after studying this familiar verse – seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you Matthew 6:33.


Stumbling blocks

True understanding was lost because my focus was not on God they were on:

TreasuresJobs, money, material things – Matthew 19-21

Ego – focus on self not submitted to be in God’s will – 2 Corth. 8:5

Selfish – ­committed work to self and not to God – Proverb 16:3

Lack of faith – doubtful


For where your treasure is there will be your heart also Matthew 6:21.

God does listen

Though I was a Christian my heart/treasure was not on God. Attempting to do all things through ‘me’ that strengthened me – man’s power is limited.

One dreary cold Sunday morning after praying a selfish prayer the Holy Spirit spoke.  You ask me to do all these things in my Son’s name yet you stopped attending church, worshiping and praising my name. You cannot do these simple actions yet you ask much from me.

This profound message changed my perspective – it is not about me but about God.  Over time I put God first, prayer focus changed, and faith increased. Today, God is first and He has directed me. He has crowned my efforts with success.


Steps to a better prayer life

Steps to success

The foundation of developing a positive prayer life and relationship with God begins with prayer – praying for others, praising God and Worship. As I implemented each step from my three part series on prayer God begin to move - sometimes swift and other times as he saw fit. 

Part I - Unanswered Prayers… When God refuse to hear  - Seven deadly sins which cause unanswered prayers

 

 Part II - Pimping God for Seven minutes …Do You Know How to Pray? - Hustling and bargaining with God

 



Don't give up

When all else fails don’t give up. Whatever storm you may be facing I encourage you put God first.  Seek God’s will (not yours) through prayer, study his word and watch him begin to move in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner