The Souls Remedy Ministries Donations

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

It Doesn’t Have To Make Sense Right Now

Submitted by: Lisa Hetzel
http://thequiltandthequill.blogspot.com/

















waiting in despair 
“Why is this happening to me?  What am I supposed to do?  How am I going to get through this?”   I have cried these questions so many times.  I waited  for a gold embossed, hand delivered, Charlton Heston Moses moment.  It did not come.  I did not hear any made for TV soundtracks inspiring me to keep going.

God surprised me anyway.  Somehow, in the very quiet moment between my fear and faith, I felt the urge to let it all go.  I gave up looking for the rationale for my circumstances.  “Okay, Lord, I’ve tried to do it all on my own.  Here’s my life, my hopes, my dreams, my fears.  Would you please take me and lead me?  Would you help me rest in you?”

That’s all that I had to ask.   The rest is a story of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner