|Submitted by: Carl F. Hunter II, M.Div|
Many of us just have a problem with surviving our feelings, which at any given time have no basis, but in the moment it seems very real and insurmountable. In fact, the feelings blind us from seeing God’s presence and deafen our spiritual ears from hearing God’s voice. Most importantly, we suffer from a type of amnesia that keeps us from remembering where God has brought us from.
- What would happen if our response in the midst of the storm was not panic, fret or despair, when the undertow of life wanted to consume?
- What would happen if our response to the storm was to hold on to the life preserving reality of the fidelity and faithfulness of God?
- What would happen if “you” could remember, just for a moment, where GOD has brought “YOU” from?
- Would you move past the giants that are oppressing your spirit and then you open the door for the manifestation of “HOPE” – which is fertilizer for faith.
- When faith overtakes your F.E.A.R. (False Expectations Appearing Real) then you are able to move from a state of panic to a state of praise.
Reverend Hunter is an Itinerant Elder in the African Methodist Episcopal Church and a graduate of New Brunswick Theological Seminary. Reverend Hunter is a frequent contributor to The Soul’s Remedy. His prior submission are entitled "Remembering Where God Brought you From" and “There isGreatness In You”. Reverend Hunter is a father and a grandfather, and resides in New Jersey.