The Souls Remedy Ministries Donations

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Part I - Unanswered Prayers… When God refuse to hear

Doubting prayer

Part I

...I cried out with my mouth his praise was on my tongue. If I cherished sin in my heart the Lord would not listen; but God has listened and has heard my prayer... Psalms 66:16-20


All knowing God

God is omnipresent. He knows, sees and hears all prayers.  So why does God refuse to answer? Do people annul their petitions to God?  Are their actions, stubbornness or refusal to adhere to God’s word the cause of ineffective results? 


The Bible mentions several viable reasons why.

  • Sin – 
    • Don’t wander, restrain from evil – Jeremiah 14:11-12  
    • Don’t harbor wickedness in your heart – Psalms 66:18  
    • Don’t believe God is too busy to hear your prayer and refuse to         ask for forgiveness – Isaiah 59:1-2

  • Disobedience – 
    •  Don’t turn away from God’s word – Prov. 28:9

  •  Lack of faith – 
    • Can’t please God without faith – Hebrew 11:6                          
    • Ask and don’t doubt God’s ability James 1:6 
  • Insincerity
    • No lip service give God your heart – Isaiah 29:13

  •  Pride – 
    • Don’t exalt yourself like the Pharisee – Luke 18:9-14

  • Wrong motives – 
    • Praying for self gratification – James 4:3     
    • Don’t be boastful pray in the closet – Matt 6:5-6 
         
  • Unloving attitude – 
    • Spouses honor each other – 1 Peter 3:7

  
The Broken Covenant

Jeremiah was chosen to turn Jerusalem away from their immoral behavior of worshiping false gods, idolatry, and doubting God’s ability. He saw his nation being destroyed because of disobedience. Jeremiah’s plea to obey the covenant and God’s warning signs all fell on death ear. When they refused to hear and obey God’s covenant He brought disaster and told Jeremiah not to pray for them. Though they cry out to me I will not answer Jeremiah 11:11.  


I am the man in the mirror

The man in the mirror is you
During a season I was guilty of several of the seven deadly sins and questioned God. "Do you hear me Lord?" I took a look at the man in the mirror and asked – "Show me your ways Lord teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me" Psalms 25: 4-5. I finally realized God’s hearing was not dull but my behavior had separated me from His love – Sin, disobedience, Lack of faith, Insincerity, and Pride.

Once I shifted my paradigm and trusted God the more he revealed himself.  Through prayer, action, and deed God is now present. Was it clear as a glass of water? No. There were days like Moses - asking for multiple confirmations and other days like David - it was no doubt God was present.

God's Delayed answer

Many of you are totally connected with God yet you still question. What appears to be an unanswered prayer could be a delayed answer. Our God’s deny of a desire could mean He has something better! Either way, always humble yourself, pray, and seek God’s face. Know that your prayers are heard and will be answered in God’s time.

Tigner Rand 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the thought provoking post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Myne, thank you for taking the time to stop by and read. May God continue to Bless you!

      Delete
  2. Itinerary,
    This is powerful, thought provoking, and intelligently composed. Thank ou my friend.
    IKE

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner