The Souls Remedy Ministries Donations

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Run and not Grow Weary




Ms. Simons - 94 year old - May God continue to
add joy in your life!

Let your heart give you joy in the days of your youth Ecclesiastes 11:9




As a child, there are dozens of things to do: swimming, riding bikes, or climbing trees. Time seemed to last forever along with a body with an endless supply of energy. We put away childish things as the sands of time transformed playing into the responsibility of adulthood, the dog eat dog world of work, work and more work. Somewhere along the way we forgot to bring from obscurity into view that joyful heart of our youthful days. In its place is a heart filled with fear, doubt, and exhaustion from the race called life.

God places people in our lives as examples as to how we should live. Take for example Ms. Simon, a 94 year old vibrant energetic lady who is always cheerful. Each Sunday she enters the church gracefully wearing an enormous smile. This particular morning, as Ms. Simon made her way to her predetermined seat (three rows from the front), I over heard someone ask how she is doing, her reply, “I’m running a race”. Even though her once spry stride, of years gone by is now calculated unhurried steps which require the aided of a walker  I assumed her statement was based on her relatively great distance she has traveled over the years.

Though out service, my mental note of running was forever in the forefront of my mind. Wondering what her response would be and how will she perceive my curiosity. As church adjourned I made my way through the crowd to enquire about her statement. With a gleaming smile and in such a childlike way she replied; “can’t you tell by how young and active I am.” One could not help but to return a look of favor and agreement along with a response of Yes I can. In continuous response, “It’s a race of life that I am running; I feel good and thank God.” I have to believe that Ms. Simon is a living example of Isaiah’s words;” those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Despite the trials and tribulations of life I took one lesson from this brief encounter. The race of life is not for the swift. Though it is commanded there is nothing better under the sun than to eat drink and be merry Ecc. 8:15 I must also renew my strength and hope with the Lord by letting the stresses of the day go! Learn to enjoy life, let your hearts give you joy as in the days of your youth. Take time in life to enjoy family, friends, children or grandchildren.

In parting, I thanked Ms. Simon for her time, thanked God for her presences and continuous happiness. In a soft spoken voice she smiled and thanked me right after snapping this photo. I pray that God will bless me to have such longevity of life and look this good at 94!

Tigner J. Rand


Subscribe in a reader TopOfBlogs

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner