The Souls Remedy Ministries Donations

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Waiting on God

Submitted by: Patricia Manns
 
www.treasurechest.moments.com












Wait for the Lord – be strong, and let your heart take courage – wait for the Lord! Psalms 27:14

I have mixed emotions right now.  A dear friend is facing a tremendous mountain. For the past few weeks I have encouraged her along the way. But quite honestly, unless God moves on her behalf, there is no way things will change.

When God is far away
the pain of being alone

I know it is not about me but I feel helpless.  I am lifting her up in prayer yet realize my faith is also being tested.  How would I handle the situation? Would I question God? I probably would. “Where are You, I have tried everything I know to do and nothing works!” Don’t you see my situation? I can’t sleep – I sit alone, wondering when you are going to move? What is taking You so long?

We all felt that way before. Remember how you felt thinking God had abandoned you?  Everybody’s prayers appear to be answered but yours. So many good reports… so many testimonies of victory… but not you.  What have you done to deserve this?  Why God are you working for everybody but me? When will it be my turn? You are exhausted and feel like curling up in a ball and cry. Maybe you have done that and now find yourself depressed. “How did I get here again?”


Songs of faith

Praise God
I hear the song I’ll wait for You! I’ll wait for You!  A gentle voice reminds you that you are not alone. You have not been forgotten.  God, your Father, sees you. He is singing and holding you. He is ever the God who understands how we all feel.  He will see you through even if you don’t know when or where.  He knows your name – He whispers words of encouragement and wipes away your tears.

God hears our prayers

“My Child, I am here. I love you. I am holding you in the palm of my hand. Look at me and not the storm. Lay your head on my chest, it is a safe place. I will cover you with my wings and you will find rest.  Go ahead take a deep breath – once more.  Hear me say your name and then say mine. Anytime you need me, whisper my name. Jesus – Jesus – Jesus.  Rest my child I am leading you through the storm.

I now hear another song - “Where He leads me I will follow. I go with Him all the way.”

Release your burdens

Friends, even when we cannot see beyond our nose God is there waiting on us to trust Him. I know He is Love and that he loves my friend.  Though I cannot help my friend I feel her burden, but I must also release that burden to God.   He is the ultimate burden bearer.  “Great is Thy Faithfulness! Morning by morning new mercies I see!

So I choose to trust and praise God even if I don’t know what tomorrow may bring.  God is my tomorrow. All is well with my Soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner