The Souls Remedy Ministries Donations

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Stepping Out on faith…especially when you have no choice


Submitted by: Rev. Clyde Corbin, II


Now without faith it is impossible to please him, for the one who approaches God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him. Hebrews 11:6

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 

Life Decisions
 Downsizing Decisions

Very recently, my previous employer informed us at the end of September our department will no longer exist. I could join another department or take the severance package.  I was forced to make some very strong decisions in a limited amount of time.  I decided to take a look at my options and see which ones would give me access for growth.

The available positions meant that I would continue going through the same motions. The problem with leaving I had responsibilities; a wife, child, and a mortgage to be concerned about. My risk taking becomes my family’s risk too. It is so easy to stay with a company that I had been with for seven years and not risk something new. But where and when do I grow?

It is easy to walk on water

walking in faith
My situation reminded me of the story of Peter walking on water Matt 14:22-33. In the midst of the storm, Peter asked Jesus to bid him to come so that he too may walk on water. Jesus said “Come”. Peter walked toward Jesus, and got afraid when he saw the wind and began to sink.

It is easy to remain where you are comfortable and not happy or using your gifts and talents to its fullest. But where do you get to grow your faith? Believer, in order to walk on water, you must first get out of the boat. So I took the severance and begin job hunting.

 The value of faith

  •          Based on experience my value was worth far more than the salary
  •          I learned not to panic
  •    I walked in faith 
  •         I’m a “prime candidate” for almost any career It’s my choice to choose the path


God has somethiing for you
 When I think about my career over the years God brought me a long way. He never let me be in a situation where I was struggling to make ends meet. Knowing this, I had a sense of peace. While others around me stressed and worried, I remained calm.

I have such a belief that God would bless me that I was not concerned, but excited about what He had ordained for me.

You cannot have open arms to receive your new blessings if you are still holding on to old stuff. So do not panic, God has something good for you! Until God opens a door, praise Him in the hallway.

The final decision

So, what was the end game? I did my part. I updated my resume and LinkedIn. I got out there and interviewed. I hung out, spend quality time with my son for two weeks, and refocused.

 I was unemployed for only two weeks. Now, I am writing this to you from my new job! Believer, your promise is bigger than your past. Walk into your season!

Believer, do you know your worth? Through your storms in life you held on to your faith. Remember, you are worth it all because Jesus paid it all for you!




No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner