The Souls Remedy Ministries Donations

Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Pains of Life


Winter's Depression
Photo by: Tigner J.
Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.   Psalms 42:11



Sighing and exhaling noisily….
My days and nights seem to be colder, longer, and not to mention darker. Metaphorically it appears to be more than just winter weather. Life - blustery bone chilling wind slicing through layers of clothes as if non existent causing the mind to revert back to the days of obscurity and depression. 


A mind of despair

My state of mind has hit a dead end - thoughts are jaded, vision hazy and decision making skewed. Where is the joy filled life of sunshine I so often speak about? Why have my rays of hope chosen to abandon me during a time that joy is most desperately desired? Lord stop this roller coaster because I want to escape. But to my dismay the ride of life has no emergency switches just hold on tight and dare not let go!

Facing predicaments

Individuals from time to time face predicaments that cause a person to slip into a state of gloom or mild depression. How do you cope? Who do you call? Do you give up? Revert to bad habits of comfort? Just like a drug - it is only a temporary fix. 

I have come to realize no matter how terrifying a situation may be God is there waiting. For each moment of disparity, God has already thrown a life line however stubbornness and willing to stay in the sea of self pity prolongs the pain apposed to reaching out for His hope. Your mind is a powerful weapon that can be used to conquer the world or work against you. 

When facing trials and tribulation cast away your personal feelings that appear to be holding you back: fear, doubt, money, jobs, or love life. Hook yourself to the word, find ways to encourage and be encouraged. Weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.


Tigner Rand

For more posts check http://thesoulsremedy.blogspot.com/


Subscribe in a reader TopOfBlogs

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner