The Souls Remedy Ministries Donations

Sunday, February 10, 2013

What’s in your hand? God gave you something



What if they do not believe me or listen to me. Then the Lord said to him, “What is that in your hand?” A staff, he replied. Exodus 4:1-2

Questioning God

God has blessed me yet I question my abilities. Words of wisdom flow from my mind to finger tips.  They transmit over the world-wide-web. Wrestling with God – pardon your servant, Lord I am an unlikely messenger. Never been eloquent, to me I am slow and ill-equipped. Satan has mastered to unlock my Pandora’s Box fueling doubt and inadequate abilities.

What has God placed in your hands?

Sunday’s sermon focused on Exodus chapter four and what God had placed in Moses hand – a staff.  Like Moses many of us find ourselves questioning God and not using our gifts. “We sit on our hands and don’t realize what God has placed in them.” Instead of moving as God required Moses pointed out his imperfections – stuttering – and why he was the imperfect messenger. Oppose to trusting and following God’s lead he found reasons to recede.

My gift is writing – thoughts ebb and flow daily. But I see inefficiencies. This self inflected judging turned into a horror movie causing paralyses in the membrane. I find myself stranded on an island of despair wanting to quit. My conscious reinforce my theory - “No one cares about what you write, you are wasting your time stop writing.”

What has God placed in your hand? What stumbling blocks have you set in your way? Transform the mind, stop sitting on your hands and begin to press forward in God’s vision for you.

  •  If it is Prophesying – prophesy
  • If it is Serving – serve
  • If it is Teaching – teach
  • If it is Encouraging – encourage
  • If it is Giving – give generously

           
God is bigger than your problem

The Preacher’s words prodded me – God is bigger than the quandary so often played in my mind. I realized my quest for perfection is not needed. God has provided everything – the visions, people, as well as supplies to complete all assignments. There should be no worries.

Regardless of weakness and disabilities there is nothing impossible for God. Moses was reminded “Who gave human beings their mouth who gives them sight” Exodus 4:11-12.  As for me – the imperfect servant – Sunday’s sermon reassured God is with me, He will guide me. I am fully equipped. I just need to believe!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tignor,
    Great read! Just thought I'd let you know we writers go through those same feelings at least once a week. You're not alone! Keep writing! Somebody is listening.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner