The Souls Remedy Ministries Donations

Wednesday, December 27, 2023

No one escapes death Are you prepared?


 


Read: John 11

“I am the resurrection and the life” John 11:23-26

 

Good Morning!

Death is inevitable. When I think of it, I often think of the story of Lazarus. Not so much of his death but of what Jesus said to Lazarus’ sisters Mary, and Martha in John 11:25.

 Until it hits home, we typically do not give much thought to death. I recently experienced the loss of a cousin, whom I grew up with. The impact her transition had on me was greater due to our close age.

 After battling her illness for more than two decades, it had finally taken a toll on her. In our last conversation, her present condition has led her to contemplate the mistakes she made towards others and seek forgiveness  I told her time would not allow to forgive everyone, but you have to first start with self-forgiveness.

 As we grow older, how do you address the inevitability of death?  Are you prepared? Are you fulfilling all of the things that Jesus instructed us to do? Are you acting as a disciple? Are you ministering to others? Are you feeding the sick? helping the homeless? Visit those in prison? Are follow the Ten Commandments. Are you letting your light so shine that others can see your good works?  Are you doing these things in the name of Jesus? We all have fallen short of the glory of God but we strive to be like Christ.

 In the Bible Story of Lazarus (John chapter 11), Jesus reminded Martha “I am the resurrection and the life”.  He who believes in me, though he may die, he shall live.”

 I asked my cousin, “Do you believe in God the Father, God the Son, and  God the Holy Spirit? Do you believe that Jesus died on the cross, rose on the third day and He died for your sins?” She said yes to everything. Through your asking of God’s forgiveness and repenting of your wrong, according to God’s word, you are forgiven. In my heart, I want to stand on Jesus’ words to Martha…. “I am the resurrection and the life”.  He who believes in me, though he may die, he shall live.”

 Each day that passes brings us closer to the presence of the Lord. Let's make good use of our time.  We get caught up in our jobs and things we think are most important to us. God is oftentimes an afterthought.

 All of us, including me, need to prepare ourselves for that day. What are we doing to be ready for when God calls you home?



Subscribe in a reader TopOfBlogs Flag Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner