The Souls Remedy Ministries Donations

Sunday, November 27, 2022

The Faith in God; even when you have questions




The book of Habakkuk is a short book in the bible with only three chapters. Within those three chapters, you will find a profound message that stands the test of time and is relevant even today.

Habakkuk, whose name means “one who embraces”, was a minor prophet who questioned God’s silence and apparent lack of His punitive actions to purge his covenant people (Hab. 1:2-4).

The nation was on the verge of abolishing its idolatrous practices but upon the death of the King, they quickly reverted to bad behavior towards God. The nation’s sin was violence and injustice toward the people. No different than what we see in our country today. Violence, iniquity, and trouble plague the world. We see malicious wickedness daily on the news. Neighbors find reasons to morally and ethically oppress their neighbors which results in continuous strife.

Habakkuk was angry with the people but more so with God. “Why do you cause me to see trouble? For plundering and violence are before me?” (Hab. 1:3-4).  Habakkuk wanted God to punish the people. Does this sound familiar today?

The more we build a relationship with God the more we realize that God has a plan for us. We also understand God works on His own time schedule. “I will work a work in your days which you would not believe” (Hab. 1:5-11).

Habakkuk’s message not only to the Israel nation but to us, despite our situation, remains strong and faithful in the midst of your affliction and trials (Hab. 2:4). Remember God is embracing us contrary to what your mind may be telling you.

During our continuous journey of growing a relationship with God, we realize faith is not a one-time act. Faith becomes a way of life. The Bible reminds us of God’s miraculous, protective intervention on behalf of the children of Israel. I’m sure we can also recant a few God-protecting miracles in our lives as well.

When we set aside our Woo’s of life and learn to give them to God, it is the first step to recommitment and affirmation of faith which expresses unwavering confidence in God.

For me, I have adopted Habakkuk’s Hymn of Faith as my constant reminder of God’s sufficiency in my life regardless of what I am facing.
               
Though the fig trees may not blossom,

Nor fruit be on the vines;

Though the labor of the olive may fail,

And the field yields no food;

Though the flock may be cut off from the fold

And there be no herd in the stalls -

Yet I will rejoice in the Lord!

I will joy in the God of my salvation.

The Lord God is my strength.

He will make my feet like deer’s feet,

He will make me walk my high hills. 

– Habakkuk 3:17-19           





Flag Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner