The Souls Remedy Ministries Donations

Sunday, February 23, 2014

I can see a storm coming


Myrtle Beach Tornado 2001 - courtesy Flikr.com
Read: Matthew 8:23-27
Hey replied,” yeah with little faith why are you so afraid?” Matthew 8:26

Strange Clouds

I saw the storm forming. The infamous tail dropped from the sky. First thought it was just strange clouds and not a storm. But within seconds the rotating column formed into a tornado.

“It’s a tornado let’s go!” The words I told my family as we hustled into the hallway of hotel.

In life, we don’t always see storms (troubles) develop. Often times we just wake up and “poof” we are in the midst of the storm! Just as the disciples experienced out at sea – suddenly a furious storm came…. Their first reaction was fear!

Peace in the storm

 This day I saw the storm form on the beach from our hotel room. My thought was the safest place would be the hallway and in the arms of God. Our room was near the lobby so all guest were ushered to the center corridor.  There was panic, fear, and people crying “what are we going to do!”
In the middle of this storm there was also peace. Groups of people, including me praying, praising, and asking God to protect us all.

No one Greater

Jesus told the disciples they had little faith. So does it mean when Christians have faith they should never be afraid? No! What Jesus meant was God is far greater than whatever storm faced. Learn to tell your storms that God is bigger rather than thinking of how big your storms are.  When we finally realize God is forever present it keeps fear at bay.

Lingering Storms

Tornadoes typically are quick storms but this one was like problems we often face – it lingered around. The twister formed in air, bounced from one hotel, to land, beach, back to land while hitting a couple of hotels.  

When problems linger hunker down and stay in prayer just as we did during our storm.

When the storm passed no one in our hotel was injured. What made this story miraculous we later learned that hotels north and south of our building sustained damage but ours did not.  The tornado bypassed our hotel. By facing the storm with God in the middle I believe he showed favor to all because a few took time to pray. 

Remember to pray without ceasing especially in your storms. Know that God’s presence can keep fear from paralyzing you.

Prayer

Father God I have faced my storms alone allowing fear to take control. No matter how bad my storms may be Father God you are larger than my situation and I praise you for keeping me covered.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner