The Souls Remedy Ministries Donations

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Grace and Mercy almost died

The 1993 Explorer a few days before the crash
Read: Job 1:6-12


And the Lord said to Satan, “Behold all that he has is in your power; only do not lay a hand on his person.” Job 1:12



I should be dead

I should be dead. The conditions were perfect for someone to die, but God intervened.

My mind’s eye often replays May 13, 1999. A sunny spring picturesque day until skies darken and the windows of heaven opened. Around 4:00 pm, a single cell thunderstorm burst through quickly dumping rain and high winds. Just as fast as the dark skies rolled in, so did a bright sunny day. The soaked roads and rush hour traffic made the conditions perfect for an accident.

While jockeying for space on the highway things changed from bad to worse. In my rear view mirror cars swiftly approached while the cars in front abruptly stopped. In the chaos, one clipped the left bumper of my 1993 Ford Explorer, propelling it into a 360 degree spin over four highway lanes.

It was a twister ride in slow motion but nothing was fun about it. I could see the faces in cars as I glided across each lane. My ride stopped when a van, in the HOV lane, T-boned me into the concrete median.



Grace and Mercy covered me

I should have been dead but it was the Lord that covered me – Grace and Mercy.

At the time of my accident I was going through a transitional period of seeking God and his wisdom. Satan knew it and did not want me to gain that knowledge. Once I realized how much God loved and protected me the life journey became more bearable.

God covers us

The first chapter of Job reminds me regardless how bad a situation may be God got me covered. No matter how much Satan dishes out God always has the final say.

I almost died that day. I never would have made it if God had not intervened. I often ponder what if May 13, 1999 was the day God said, “this day your soul shall be required.” My life as I known it would have ended. What would the world be like?

  • Missed the birth of my son – October, 1999
  • Preceded my mother in death – July, 2000
  • Missed uncovering my purpose – July 2007
  • Missed the launch of The Souls Remedy – April 2010
  • Missed daughter graduating high school – May 2011
  • Missed daughter realizing her purpose – December 2012
  • Missed son perform with high school band - May 2013
  • Missed song writing debut TheMusic Industry Camp – July 2013


The list can go on…

Count your blessings

I’m a firm believer that no matter how much Satan attempts to attack us God’s word still rings loud and clear. “Behold all that he has is in your power; only do not lay a hand on his person.” Once we realize this Satan cannot touch us. We control our destiny provided we stay in the Will of God.

Do you really count your blessings? Being grateful for the little things of life; rising each morning, ability to walk, talk, see, and ear? We know not the day or the hour when our creator will require our souls. Are you ready? Have you given your life to Christ? If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved Romans 10:9-13. And trust God at his word. It’s just that simple.



Prayer

Gracious Father, thank you for life. Thank you for the days given and the days before me. I apologize for taking them for granted because no day is promised. I will begin to praise and thank you for every blessing and day you have in store for me. Thank you for your Grace and Mercy. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I've been in your exact shoes. My family was attacked twice within five minutes on a dark highway.
    BUT GOD!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner