The Souls Remedy Ministries Donations

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

On my honor: I will be courteous, kind, and generous

Read: Acts 28:7-16

Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous. I Peter 3:8

A courteous, kind, and generous Christian

Are you a good driver? Or are you an erratic driver? The fast and furious driving of many can cause you to lose your religion.

Are you a pew hoarder? The person hogging the end seat and refuses to slide down or get up making it hard for others to sit.

Do you double park? You take two parking spaces because you don’t want anyone to touch your car.

The question is “are you a courteous, kind, and generous Christian?”

Acts of kindness

Acts chapter 28 is filled with many life lessons but one teaching that touched me most was the islander’s kindness. As you read this week’s lessons you quickly learn that a shipwreck landed Paul and other prisoners on the island of Malta. One has to assume Malta knew these men were prisoners since there were Centurion guards tagging along. There were no preconceived notions. Malta was welcoming, courteous, and kind to complete strangers. Even the chief official of Malta invited Paul to stay in his home. Their compassion for the castaways was not temporary, it lasted for three months! Upon leaving Malta, the castaways received a ship to continue their journey.

Being Christ like

One of my goals for 2014 is to take on a Malta Spirit and be Christ like. That means reading God’s word and making every effort to apply the word. So the life lesson is to do as Peter said be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous.

So how does Paul’s encounter with Malta have to do with Driving, pews and double parking? Kindness and Generosity begets Kindness and Generosity. When we activate these good tendencies we receive them in return. I think that is called Karma?

Opposed to flipping out the driver who cut you off and my catty remarks to the pew hoarder or living a nasty not on the double parkers learn to start each day praying and reading the word. It will better equip you to DRIVE like a Christian, be KIND like a Christian and PARK like a Christian daily.


Prayer


Father God in Heaven,

Thank you for being a caring and loving God. Thank you for the spirit of compassion and love. Lord I know sometimes I have fallen short and have not been the most courteous person. Forgive me for being careless. Lord I ask that your caring and loving spirit be reignited in me! May I share it with others all the days of my life! This I pray in Jesus name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner