The Souls Remedy Ministries Donations

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Ask how you can help

Has someone ever told you what they needed? In return you gave them what you thought they needed or dismissed them all together? So often, we stand accused with friends, family, and strangers. We assume we know the needs of others without ever asking. I asked a homeless man what he wanted to eat. Opposed to asking, I assumed I knew his demands. When Jesus encountered the five thousand (Matt.14:15), the begging Canaanite woman (Matt15:23), and Blind Bartimaeus (Mark 10:47-48), the disciples assumed the best thing for all situations was to send them away opposed to asking or listening to their request. What we often think a person want Its not what they need. In the future, Do as Jesus did. Before responding, he didn’t say a word. Allow the Holy Spirit to speak and direct you as to what you need to do. Just like my homeless man encounter I assumed wrong. Instead of food he replied, "I'd rather have some soap to wash me and my clothes." Stay in-tuned with the Holy Spirit. It will direct your path. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner