The Souls Remedy Ministries Donations

Monday, July 1, 2019

Verbal abuse is still abuse

During my impressionable years in Catholic School I heard negative prophesying from nuns and other adults stating, I was bad and wouldn’t amount to nothing. Despite my parents motivating and encouraging efforts, sticks and stone didn’t break my bones but the words differently effected me! When negative words are ingested, the mind can visualize, accept, and ultimately squeeze life out of you. Be careful what you say to children. Though you boast of never being an abusive parent, you failed to realize your words can hurt more than a fist or belt. Death and life are in the #power of the tongue (Prov. 18:21). When disciplining, choose words wisely. A heart filled with anger will produce harsh #negative words. Express your disappointment, but speak words that build up, #encourages, and express Your #love. In all things seek God and pray. God’s love and written word can resolve all problems. #God can restore life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner