The Souls Remedy Ministries Donations

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Mental illness is real



Excuse me sir do you have some change, for to get something to eat?”
The woman with tattered clothes, matted hair and missing one eye,  lumbered through the train asking unconcerned passengers for change.  “Lord have mercy, I’m tired. I need sleep, but I can’t go to sleep I will miss my exit.” Mental illness is real. Spirits of the mind clash with reality causing an altered state of mind. We cast mentality Incapacitated people away never knowing how severe their pain. The man with many legions was also casted away to live among the dead (Luke 8:26-39) only Jesus could heal him. The restless One-eye woman lumbered her way back in my direction, plopping down in the sit in front of me. It was obvious she was mentally ill, The wrist band indicated her recent stay at Atlanta medical.  “Excuse me sir if I fall asleep please wake me up at the last stop.” I acknowledged and said I would. Mental illness does not magically erase morals or show empathy toward others. Despite her Illness she wanted empathy.  Can mental illness be cured? All things are possible through Christ if we asked. The last stop, I spoke to the woman asking her where she was trying to go. “I only want something to eat.” In parting I gave her some money. We prayed asking God to bless and heal her from her pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner