The Souls Remedy Ministries Donations

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Keep the change even when it’s not yours: Monetary Temptations



Keep the change even when it's not yours
Blessed is the man that endures temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord has promised to them that love him. James 1:12 


One man’s loss

On a recent visit to the ‘Golden Arches’ I took advantage of their sausage egg and cheese ‘what-cha-ma-call-it’ special. My total was $3.21. I tendered $5.21 to the cashier.  In a rush the manager gave me $3.00.  I was faced with a dilemma; perceive this as a blessing of sorts “one man’s loss is another’s gain?” Or demonstrate honesty and return the funds?


God’s daily quiz

Daily I am tested. Do I choose to eat sausage, eggs, grits, and toast or a bowl of oatmeal? Run a yellow light or stop? There are also family related decisions seek higher paying employment which includes traveling or stay home and enjoy family?  How I adapt, adjust or endure is the quagmire.  Life flings situations everyday; albeit a meal, stop light or job decision.  Yet each example displays how choices can interfere with life.  Do I succumb to my temptation’s grasp or allow God’s Spirit to lead?  More often than not man follows his mind’s desire oppose to God’s.


Trials and victories

According to scripture, the man who is tried and fight through shall receive the crown of life!  Based on these words being kicked around mentally and physically is commonplace. In some form or fashion, large or small anticipate a per Diem of trials. Situations will manifest, and when they do, it is imperative to be equipped with God’s knowledge in order to claim victory. The word ensures a greater chance to prevail. 


God does not tempt

I had to learn temptation is not of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempts he any man Jam 1:13.  So, a question rose, “are temptations exams to strengthen my faith?” Jesus’ albatross was Satan. He attempted to seize a moment of ‘weakness’ to tempt Jesus. It was faith and knowledge of Abba Father’s word that sustained Jesus.


Christian situations

Resisting Temptation
For each day I live, there will be crossroads to face. How strong my faith is will be exemplified based on the response.  God does care how I counter them even little things such as returning my so called blessing. Sure I could easily pocket the dollar and Mickey D’s could have written it off as a miscellaneous petty funds lost. But what would I have gained? Or lost? So as a Christian it was my responsibility to give the dollar back.


How to respond

When facing temptations how do you retaliate? Do give in or learn to resist. In the end by resisting, the dividends will be spiritual growth which allows your Christian light to shine for others to see.

It was apparent the manager was hastened that day. Before driving off I noticed a puzzle look on his face while handing him the dollar. “You gave me too much change.” A sigh of relief was seen and a heart felt “thanks I really appreciate you giving this back” made me realize that God was pleased with me for being honest.  Blessed is the man that endures temptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner